Thursday 11 August 2011

The Rings

I don't have an engagement ring.  I know it's not the norm but a while back, when Colin and I started to talk about getting married, I started to think about rings!  I have been a major fan of Rust jewellery for a couple of years now, posting about one of the designers here and here so when marriage was possibly on the cards I knew exactly where my wedding ring would come from. 

I liked the look of these three below and as they are very detailed and delicate, I wanted to wear it alone.  Soooo basically I told Colin that if/when he was going to propose, not to get me a ring (I didn't see the point in spending lots of money on a ring I would only wear for a few months).  Hope that makes sense.  I have had to explain that so many times!  Anyway the rings...




I'm not going to tell you which one I choose, I had a favourite online but when I went to try it on, I prefered another.  It arrived last week and I LOVE it!!!  All available from Rust.

Colin's ring was slightly more complicated.  We originally ordered a kind of mechanical looking spinner ring with a tiny bit of bling but the re-sizing couldn't be done without having the join visible so we took it back.  We then searched some more and found Van Buskirk Jewellery.




Again I won't tell you which one is Colin's but I will say that the designer, Mike is such a lovely guy.  He happily put up with all our questions, created the ring in a different finish, and re-sized it (when we ordered one too big) all within a week!  Fully recommended.

Next wedding post I might talk about the dress :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails