Monday 14 February 2011

Books to be Inspired by

I was in Covent Garden on Friday buying jewellery making supplies so I popped into Magma.  Nearly an hour later and two new books in my arms I left feeling happy and inspired.


The first book is exactly what I've been after, Paper & Cloth:Ready-to-Use Background Patterns is basically a CD (and book showing whats what) full of, well, ready to use background patterns.  Choose from paper, label, tape, and lace files (among many others) to layer up collage stylee.  Hopefully you may see my efforts in the near future!


The second was a bit of a naughty purchase really as it has nothing to do with work and I should be saving my pennies for my upcoming holiday (more of that in another post).  I am addicted to books about interior decoration/style, as I live in a shared flat all I can do is dream at the moment but anyways, this is a goodun.  Milk Deco no. 4 is from the people behind the cult French magazine.  This latest issue is full of stylish family homes from around the world mixing materials, colours and eras creating the homey, lived in vibe that I really love.


Happy Valentine's Day by the way.  If you celebrate the day (I know lots of couples don't these days-including my boyfriend and I) I hope it's been a good one.  I had a lot of male customers last week so to those of you who opened Jewellery by Vanya gifts today-I hope you like them!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I was in Covent Garden on Friday buying jewellery making supplies so I popped into Magma. Nearly an hour later and two new books in my arms I left feeling happy and inspired. semi precious necklaces

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails